Why can't the twunk_16.exe NE header be parsed?

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Hi again guys,

This question is intended for the coordinator of this project. Before I found this project, I was exercising my code trying to find an assembly with string version data rather than binary version in the PE header data (see my previous post). I ran across the twunk_16.exe file in the Windows XP directory that I could not parse, even though Windows Explorer correctly lists the version information. I was losing confidence in my implementation, so I started looking for other C# implementations online.

Then I came across your project. After downloading the source, I was surprised that in your Anolis.Tools.PEInfo.Program file, you had commented out the regular go path and had inserted what appears to be test code pointing to your own file called "twunk_16.exe". So both of us are interested in that file! That file will not load in any of your formats (DOS, NE, COFF/PE) either. Have you figured out what kind of a file it is and why it is not adhering to these formats? Thanks again for the awesome library!

-Mike